Madden NFL 09 Cheats - Xbox 360
Complete each achievement to get the allotted gamerscore:
80% completion for a game (50) - 80% pass completion in a Franchise game, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op).
Catch 10 passes in a game (50) - Catch 10 passes in a game with one receiver (non co-op).
Can You Believe These Seats?! (30) - Celebrate a touchdown in a wall hotspot.
Complete game without fumbling (25) - Complete a game without fumbling, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op).
Complete a game without an INT (30) - Complete a game without an interception, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op).
Hold a Rival to under 300 yards (50) - Hold a Rival to under 300 yards total offense in a game (non co-op).
Hold a Rival to under 20 points (10) - Hold a Rival team to under 20 points in a game (non co-op).
Intercept 6 passes in a game (50) - Intercept 6 passes in a game (non co-op).
Kick a FG for over 50 yards (15) - Kick a FG for over 50 yards in a Franchise game (non co-op).
Midway Monster (50) - Create a legendary player from the past..
Now Here's a Guy... (50) - Thank you for purchasing Madden NFL 09. Here's to another 20 years.
Record 12 sacks in a game (50) - Record 12 sacks in a game (non co-op).
2 TD Kickoff Returns in a game (75) - Return 2 Kickoffs for a TD in a game (non co-op).
2 TD Punt Returns in a game (65) - 2 TD Punt Returns in a game (non co-op).
300 Rush Yds with the Jets (10) - 300 Rush Yds in a game with the Jets (non co-op).
550 Pass Yds with the Titans (50) - 550 Pass Yds in a game with the Titans (non co-op).
6 Rush TDs with the Dolphins (50) - 6 Rush TDs in a game with the Dolphins (non co-op).
6 sacks with 1 player in a game (50) - 6 sacks with 1 player in a game (non co-op).
7 Pass TDs with the Falcons (50) - Throw 7 pass TDs in a game with the Falcons (non co-op).
Score 60 points in a Rival game (30) - Score 60 points in a Rival game (non co-op).
Score 40 points in a Rival game (20) - Score 40 points in a Rival game (non co-op).
Shut out Rival in a Franchise (50) - Shut out Rival in a Franchise game (non co-op).
Shine In The Spotlight (30) - Celebrate a touchdown in an endzone hotspot.
Slam Dunk All-Star (30) - Dunk the ball over the goalpost (or at least attempt to) after a touchdown.
Steal Their Thunder (30) - Steal an opposing player's touchdown celebration.
- When a defense looks prepared for your current play, use a quick audible to regain the upper hand.
- While playing through the Madden Test, be patient. Hurrying through the drills will cause your Madden IQ to suffer.
- Use Formation Subs in certain situations to bring a new player into the game. That backup player just might have the skills needed for the current play.
- Remember to utilize the Field Goal Block Return play whenever a long FG is attempted.
- Importing your Fantasy Football Team from your Fantasy League gives you the chance to test your team's mettle on the field.
- Use the stiff arm special move to break more tackles with the ball carrier.
- Using an All Madden or Fantasy Drafted created team will give you the advantage when playing in Franchise or against a friend.
- Use EA Sports World to help track your accomplishments in all game modes.
- When punting is not an option, use the QB Sneak play to push for those last couple of yards in short yardage situations.
- When a play doesn't go the way you planned, don't hesitate. Use EA Rewind to try it over again.
- Utilize the Player HUB to see what part of the game your friends are currently playing in.
- Use the Player HUB to send game invites as well as Online league invites.
- Talk is cheap. Create custom Online Leagues with your friends to see who is truly the best at Madden.
- When playing multi-player games, make sure to use the Bluff Play selection to hide from your opponent which play you are about to run.
- Create new offensive and defensive plays in NFL Head Coach 09 and import them into Madden. Your opponent won't know what to expect!
- Take advantage of the new tackle breaking system. Press a button or move the highlight stick while getting tackled to attempt to break out of it.
- New to Madden? No problem. Use the Beginner Game Style for a simplified Madden experience.
- Madden knows how good you are. When you finish a game, advance to the Virtual Trainer to improve your weaknesses.
- Longing for the days of Maddens past? Play Madden 93 with the 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition.
- Playing Superstar as a Tight End gives you the best of both worlds, allowing you to play as a Lineman and a Wide Receiver.
- It's a good idea to use your EA Rewinds like timeouts, saving them for crucial situations.
- Enter into endzone hotspots to trigger special player celebrations.
- Calling a short yard FB run play with a backup RB is a good way to increase the odds that yards will be gained.
- Read the Madden Moment description carefully, sometimes a FG is good enough to complete the Moment.
- Pause no more! Access Instant Replay, Challenge Plays, and view stats without ever leaving the playcall screen.
Complete the indicated task in Fantasy Challenge mode to unlock the corresponding team:
AFC All Star - Defeat them at the Supreme League or buy their card.
Decievers - Defeat them at the Supreme League.
Dummies - Defeat them at the Supreme League.
Glaciers - Defeat them at the Supreme League.
Kickers - Defeat them at the Newbie League.
Manipulators - Defeat them at the Black and Blue League.
Monsters - Defeat them at the Powerhouse League.
NFC All Star - Defeat them at the Supreme League or buy their card.
Tridents - Defeat them at the Supreme League.
While you are fighting for your star spot in the preseason, if you have solid practices you can boost your stats on Training Camp Results Day. However, that means that you cannot manipulate the depth charts like you could in Madden 07 and 08 to catch more passes if you are a HB. You can still take field goals if you are a QB by making "field goals" an audible and boost your kick power and kick accuracy before you start the game, however you cannot throw passes if you are a punter or kicker.
Brett Favre to Jets
Because Brett Favre is not in the game and the 2007 Packers cannot be edited, much like any teams you unlocked in Fantasy Challenge (and also cannot be used for practicing situations), edit QB #5 on the 1992 Packers.Copy his stats and create him accordingly. Create him as a Dolphins player, then trade him for Chad Pennington (Jets). However he will not have Brett Favre's picture.
You do not automatically become a cannon arm QB. This means a created Brett Favre will not be recognized as a Cannon Arm QB with 99 arm strength or Franchise QB. Likewise, if you drop Speed, Acceleration and Agility below 85 on Devin Hester , he will not lose his speed icon. In order to gain, change, or lose a weapon, it would be adjusted after the first season. For a rookie HB on Superstar mode, you will not become a Power/Elusive/Franchise Back until the second season (likewise for Franchise mode). You will not gain weapons if you start with a man from the 2008 or 2009 class if he does not have one already or you have altered his stats. A lot of players in your squad can lose weapons, but that is not really consequential. You will not receive ticks for fulfilling tasks on your Hall-of-Fame Resume or fulfilling contract clauses in Madden 09.
Kickers' Special Abilities
Kickers can be unlocked by winning the final game of the Newbie League. Their strategy is to use a lot of special teams plays such as the Buffalo Bills utilizing Brian Moorman. Watch out for fake field goal pass or fake field goal run. If the pass is good or if you smash the punter running, you will be called for roughing the kicker. Thus, do not go for sacks. Deflect passes or try intercepting them. If you are defending the run, just take the penalty quickly. Also, No.17 has "Da Boot" built-in when he is taking a field goal and kickoffs (you will not need a card for it). He does not have it when you use him to punt. The punter has no "Da Boot" for punting, either.
Manipulator's Special Abilities
Manipulators can be unlocked by winning the final game of the Power House League. Their trick strategy is called "Manipulated". This changes your play without you having to call audibles. For example, if you came out in I-form-Normal, HB dive, they can manipulate you to Singleback-Normal, PA Boot, then force you to snap the ball early. Know your playbook well. This also applies in Defensive playbooks. Sometimes, they can force you to run a play, leaving you no choice, such as a Superstar HB forced to run a play called by the coaches. To counter, do not bother taking your time calling audibles like Peyton Manning. If you can pick your play, come out and snap the ball. Alternately, just play as a wide receiver and break your own routes if you get manipulated into a passing play. Defensively, after you get manipulated, you can call an audible back to plays you are more comfortable with because they cannot jump snaps. If that fails, just control the safeties and hang on for pass deflections, or control anyone who has less chance of being blocked and try for a tackle. They mostly force you into two safeties deep, with everybody else in man coverage. If you are playing as Manipulators, the special abilities are initiated randomly and automatically.
Monster's Special Abilities (Intimidation)
Monsters can be unlocked by winning the final game of the Black & Blue League. Their special abilities are called "Intimidation". This affects the passing game more, especially for players using QB Vision. Once it is activated, your receiver's icons are turned into question marks. The result is that the QB cannot hot route or smart route anybody, and locks the primary receiver so your QB vision cannot lock on properly. However it has no consequence in the actual throws. It may lose accuracy. For example, if you are doing Singleback-Normal, PA TE Corner, the primary receiver is the tight end, when you are intimidated, his route is locked. You cannot move him, and you are stuck with him as a primary target. Your QB will fixate on him when you snap the ball (unless you swivel your head by moving the Right Analog-stick, but you cannot lock on anyone else for an accurate throw). Despite the receiving icons being spooked, when you press Square for this play, it will head towards your correct receiver. To counter, use the following strategies.
- Control your wide receivers and run your own routes. If you do like the preset primary receiver, control him, but change your routes.
- Turn QB Avoidance on. It lowers its effectiveness somewhat.
- Make shorter passes where you can make accurately without QB Vision.
- Use a running play. Blocking is not affected by it much.
- Change formation or change play, but it will not change the primary receiver.
Defensively, this merely messes up coverages. If yopu are playing as Monsters, the special abilities are initiated randomly and automatically.
QB Avoidance and QB Vision
Both of these are mutually exclusive. Because they both utilize the Right Analog-stick, you cannot have both of them on. Go to the game settings to change them.
Superstar mode: Playbooks
In Superstar mode, when you practice, you will be learning your team's default playbook with default audibles and not the one you desired on your profile. For example, if your Superstar HB's team is the Dallas Cowboys, but your desired offensive playbook is the New England Patriots, you will be stuck with your team's playbook. The main problem with this is when you are a defender learning in a 4-3 team when you are more comfortable with the 3-4 (or vice versa). Kickers and punters are mostly unaffected because they only have to punt and kick field goals, and those do not change in any playbook.
Glitch: Enter the Stands
If you score a touchdown, keep going straight and your player will go into the bleachers.
Glitch: Wrong Way Celebration
Score a defensive TD from interceptions or fumble recovery. Celebrate over the top (press [Triangle] after you reach the end-zone). Take your time even while you are choosing your PAT play. You will see the QB who made the mistake celebrating as if he was the one who threw a TD pass. The wrong way celebration also applies with toned-down celebration [Square] and multi-player [Circle], but the prevalence of the QB celebrating is less often.